I have seen pictures of these tricksy-looking burgers, and I have been wanting to give them a try.
I started out by prepping my “condiments.”
My bags of mustard and ketchup. Sadly, I couldn’t quite get the yellow deep enough, so I will look at how to improve that. I also made the mistake of using what I thought was red food coloring, when it was actually pink. After that, I couldn’t fix it. Oh well, not bad though.
I cut out rounds of the brownies to match the size of the cupcake middle. Unfortunately, I don’t have the circular cooking rings, so I had to make due with a paper template and knife, which made for some sloppy brownie burgers.
This last one isn’t that great of a picture, but I wanted to attempt the “sesame seed bun” look. So I moistened the top with a little water and sprinkled some sesame seeds. Kind of tedious, and I didn’t care for it that much.
The finished products!